Brightness is high, not working, not reducing after installing Windows 10 Creators update [Solution]
When you upgrade or install Windows 10 Creators Update, the first problem you will likely to see is
your brightness is at its peak, when you tried to lower brightness or to control brightness then, it
won't work !, this will automatically make us feel frustrated. If you are in this situation then here is a
solution that may fix your issue.
So, what you need to do ??
You need to update or install your display driver to fix the problem.
OK, how to do it ?
Just follow the steps below..
Brightness in Windows 10 Not Working [FiX]
1) Press Windows (logo) Key and R Keys of your Keyboard.
2) Type devmgmt.msc
3) Hit Enter key.
4) It will open device Manager, on that find and click on and expand Display Adapters option.
4) It will display the driver that was installed on your device for example : Intel, Asus, Nvidia,etc..
5) Right click on it, it will display Update driver software, Disable, Uninstall,etc..
6) Click on Update driver software.
7) It will display a new window
"Search Automatically for Updated driver Software" and Browse my computer ...etc.
If you have already downloaded your display driver like Intel or NVIDIA, simply click on browse
my computer for driver option and select the location of that driver,else
click on search automatically for updated driver software option
8) Connect your PC to internet.
9) It will automatically download the relevant software through Windows Update now..
else it will display "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware" and below that
there will be two or more options(depends on your device),
one will be your hardware device manufacturer name " for example : Intel (R) HD graphics family"
and other would be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".
10) Click on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter option
11) Click on Next
12) Wait, till the driver gets installed.
After Successful installation, it will ask you to restart your PC.
13) Simply select restart now option and restart your PC.
After restart, you can control your display brightness and will work now.